Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Beginning the tour, we shall make our way to the foyer where you may notice the grand chandelier. Years of preservation have made this one of our more beautiful rooms. In fact, many movies have been filmed in this location.
Speaking of building preservation, which of these is not on the United States' National Register of Historic Places?
2. If you come to this room on the left, our parlor's furniture was designed in the English Baroque era, and you can tell from the wood finish around the walls that our designers tried to work the grain of the furniture in with the decor.
If the British monarch's furniture changes based on the time period, in whose parlor are you likely to find similar Baroque furniture/architecture?
3. If you take a right at this next hallway we'll come to the kitchen. If you look against the wall you'll see a Clome resting against the tiles. While this hasn't been used in decades, it's still a prominent feature here.
A Clome Oven's chimney is usually made with brick as opposed to clay.
4. If we backtrack and head upstairs we'll visit our lavish Grand Hall. This hallway is certainly trivial indeed what with its burgundy carpets and ornamental tapestries. Please follow along closely.
Which of these halls is not a location which can be visited?
5. Continue on over this way if you will and come with me to the library. Many of our books are first edition, and visitors can read them in the overlooking lounge.
In which of our many books are you likely to read of the properties of Longbourn and Rosings?
6. And now we have come to the first of many bedrooms in this manor. Surely, one may wonder how we came across such lavish furnishings, but I remind you, we have taken the utmost care in preparing this manor. For example, each of the bedposts of our four-poster bed mimic the column upon which Horatio Nelson stands.
Where can one find the original version of this column?
7. Our bathrooms are, in themselves, masterpieces. As you step into this lavatory filled to the brim with Roman architecture reminiscent of the baths of years past, you'll notice that years of handiwork are exemplified here.
Which of these installations in our Roman-themed bathroom would be most out of place?
8. If you may come back down the stairs, we shall now move onto the sun-room. We take great care with our plants and ensure that this room is green and eco-friendly. Please make sure not to touch the plants; some of these are dangerous.
Which natural substance, notorious for the chemical dangers it poses, was once used in building and construction?
9. If you'll continue with me onwards to the final room of our tour, we shall investigate the games room. Although there are many games in this room from centuries of gaming's past, some of our favourite recent additions have been welcomed with open arms.
Which of these toys or games does not involve building?
10. Now that we've returned to the main foyer of Trivial Manor, I'd like to thank you for joining us on the tour. If you look to the ceiling, you may see some of our intricate wall paintings and frescos.
Where else can you find a 'fresco'?
Source: Author kyleisalive
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.