Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. While not exactly dwarfish by any means, it still seems I don't quite measure up to these guys. Well, maybe in talent I do but not quite so much in stature. I am the shortest of these actors/musicians (but not by much). Who am I?
2. If you believe that a clean life is a good life (and you probably should) don't move to me since, out of these four U.S. cities, 'Reader's Digest' ranked me the overall dirtiest in 2004. The criteria for our ratings came in air quality, water clarity, general toxics, hazardous waste disposal and sanitation. Which rather unhealthy city am I?
3. Ouch! All of we four left this Earth in rather brutal fashion, three of us as a direct result of trauma to the head. I'm the only one who died due to decapitation (and it is surely not a method I recommend, make no mistake about it). The other ones, at least, didn't perish in the process of getting their head chopped off! Who was I?
4. Harumph indeed! There I was, barreling successfully out of the gate! Everybody was humming my music. I was as hot as a firecracker and, rest assured, was quite ready to grab that trophy. Imagine my surprise when that didn't happen! Out of these I was the only one who didn't win a Grammy award for Best New Artist in the mid-1980s. I was nominated but I took little comfort in that runner-up business. Who am I? Note: I might not be just one person.
5. I'm not here to say that golfers are at all peevish people. I'm certainly not but there is maybe a little something wrong with this geographic picture. All of these pro golfers, past or present, were born east of the Mississippi River in the USA. Me? On the west side. Who am/was I?
6. A trio of my eclectic friends and I decide to go out for a little dancing. The Flamenco is the dance of choice and I relate to it best since it is from Spain, as am I. While I dance (perhaps) better than the rest, I have to say it's lonely being the only born Spaniard in the lot of us. All my friends here were born in Mexico. Who am I? Oh, of course, something must have gotten fouled up in my paperwork since the city I'm listed as born in is quite incorrect...
7. On this one I might be lucky that I stick out the "wrong way" in the crowd. My parents were married while these other three were born illegitimate. In the end of things, though, they grew as mighty and as passionate as did I so maybe an atypical start does not a rocky path make as it goes? I can't say but they certainly seemed no worse as a result of the situation(s) surrounding their births. Who was I, though?
8. I know what you're thinking. I'm a cold and vast U.S. state full of Eskimos, dog sled racing, bachelors and all that. Well, some places here are true to that stereotype but not all. Alaska is quite a beautiful and varied place (and while some parts of it are quite cold others are sometimes quite hot!). But here I am amongst my native fauna and I'm the only one of them not an official state symbol of fair Alaska! Which am I?
9. Got milk? Mine expired yesterday (6-13-06) and I'd like to borrow some, if I may. Maybe in my real "non-human" life I can get a 'milk mustache' since, out of all of my listed animated friends here, I am the only one who hasn't gotten to be in one of those Milk Association advertisements where somebody boasts a white upper lip. Who am I?
10. I think we can all agree that intelligence/IQ is relative. So are the tests that prove how much of that we have (or don't think we have). I, for one, am quite well known and successful at what I do. Yet, among my other esteemed pals here, I am not a member of the Mensa Society (a group exclusive to those who score highly on IQ tests). Who am I?
Source: Author Gatsby722
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.