Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What Major League Baseball team had the longest losing streak during the 20th century?
2. Talk about rough beginnings! What member of the National Football League
started out with an amazing 26 straight losses?
3. What member team of the United States Hockey League had the inauspicious beginning of losing every single game during their first season?
4. What university, better known for brains than brawn, had an epic run of futility losing 207 straight basketball games over the course of 11 years?
5. What British football team spent almost an entire year on the wrong end of the scoreboard, losing 32 straight games during 2007 - 2008?
6. Which of these actors received eight Academy Award nominations, only to see somebody else walk away with a statue every time?
7. Which member of the cast of "Mad Men" was nominated EIGHT times before finally walking away with a statue?
8. No quiz on epic losing streaks would be complete without Susan Lucci, who lost a Daytime Emmy 18 times before finally winning in 1999. What show did she star on?
9. Harold Stassen set the record for futility in running for President, losing 12 times from 1944 to 2000. What state did Stassen serve as governor?
10. With a record of 6 to 13,000, what perpetual opponent of the Harlem Globetrotter merits its own wing in the losing streak hall of fame?
Source: Author parrotman2006
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.