Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Bet you all know the first person to set foot on the moon in 1969, but whose feet touched down second?
2. George Washington was elected first President of the United States of America in 1789, but who came second in this election?
3. The first FIFA World Cup was won by host nation Uruguay in 1930. Which country did they beat to the title?
4. Sidney Poitier was the first African-American man to win an Oscar for 'Best Actor in a Leading Role' for his part as Homer Smith in 'Lilies of the Field'. Who was the second?
5. Any schoolkid will tell you the Nile is the world's longest river, but which river comes next?
6. Roger Bannister cracked the time barrier of the 4 minute mile on 6 May 1954. Who was the second person to achieve this, 46 days later?
7. King Henry VIII had three children by his six wives. His eldest was not the heir to the throne. Edward VI succeeded Henry as King of England. Who was the first born, that had to come second in the line of succession?
8. Marie Curie was the first person to receive two Nobel Prizes. Who was the next person to receive such an honour?
9. 'Snow White' was Disney's first venture into the world of animated feature length films. What was their second?
10. Adam and Eve's son Abel was the first mention of human death in the Bible. Who was the next person to shuffle off the mortal coil, as recorded in the Bible?
Source: Author smpdit
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.