Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1957, a teenaged lad from Liverpool went to a garden fete in the hope of meeting some girls. Instead, in a chance encounter, he was introduced to a fellow scouser and together they were to form one of the greatest songwriting partnerships ever. Who were they?
2. It was a chance encounter that changed the course of the British monarchy. Who was it introduced Prince Edward VIII to the American divorcee Wallis Simpson?
3. Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak formed a partnership that was to become one of the most important in the history of technology. What was Wozniak doing when Jobs was introduced to him for the first time?
4. Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony were women who held similar views, but those views were to get a new impetus when they had a chance encounter on a street corner in 1851. What cause did the women lead?
5. When you begin a successful time at college, it is always good to give something back by helping others settle. That is what Sergey Brin, a second year computer nerd at Stanford, decided to do in 1995 when he acted as a tour guide for new students. One of these was Larry Page. From this chance encounter, what organisation did the two men go on to establish?
6. In 1970 Bob Woodward, a not-yet journalist, had a chance encounter with a man called Mark Felt. They exchanged phone numbers and years later Felt became the source that helped Woodward break one of the 20th Century's biggest political scandals. What nickname did Felt use?
7. When Meriwether Lewis and William Clark set out on an expedition that would take them across a new wold, they had a chance encounter with a young Native American woman who was to prove invaluable to their exploration. Who was she?
8. Light bulb moment: One of them was one of the greatest inventors of his generation, the other was his employee. Who had a chance encounter with Henry Ford in 1896 and encouraged him to go on with work; that would make him the greatest mechanical innovator of his generation?
9. Where did Scott Fitzgerald have a chance encounter with Zelda Sayre, the woman who was to become his wife and was to inspire large parts of his greatest novel?
10. Newspaper editors are always on the look out for people with powerful stories they can tell. In 1841, William Lloyd Garrison had a chance encounter when he heard a young man tell the story of his life and convinced him it needed publicising. Who was the young man who was to become a leader of a campaign for manumission?
Source: Author darksplash
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.