Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When I was younger, my girlfriends and I wasted an enormous amount of time on a most foolhardy past time. We would baste ourselves with baby oil and put ourselves under the grill of the Queensland midday sun. Of course this had the unfortunate result of turning soft white skin into boiled lobster within an hour.
Back then there was a man who spent over 30 years spraying people with sunscreen to protect them from the sun. Who was this guardian angel of the Gold Coast known simply as "The Suntan Man"?
2. I could spend hours window-shopping, and there is no better time than Christmas when the shops are bursting with swag. Christmas in Brisbane during my childhood was a magical time. We would dress up in our Sunday clothes and venture into the city to see the big Christmas tree, the nativity scene and the carolers. And the biggest attraction, after the man in the red suit and fake beard, were the Myer Department store windows.
One New York store is famous for its window displays and parade. Which one is it?
3. There's nothing better than drowning a few worms. Except, I suppose, actually catching a few fish!
Which Australian, known for his catchphrase "It doesn't get any better than this", has been host to his own fishing show since 1991?
4. While I enjoy watching many different sports on television and have wasted countless hours as a couch potato, my favourite viewing pleasure would have to be the Winter Olympics. Australia hasn't won many medals at these games, and it wasn't until 2002 that we finally won a gold medal. Who won Australia's first ever Winter Olympic Gold Medal?
5. I love watching movies, and have an embarrassingly large DVD collection. One of my favourite actors (and it's not just that he's good-looking) is an Australian. In an early movie he was a romance-writing truckie but now he's known for his sideburns and claws. And who can forget his hosting duties at the "Oscars"? Who is this Aussie bloke?
6. Once I start reading a new book, it's very hard to put it down and I quite often waste an entire day reading. While I have many favourite authors, I enjoy reading about female "investigators". I use this term loosely because there is a trio I read about that aren't very adept in investigative or social skills. Which of these fictional females is not American, inept or ditzy in some way?
7. Another way I have of procrastinating is by playing with John Spilsbury's invention. I can spend hours huddled over a pile of cardboard cutouts while slowly going cross-eyed. What am I wasting time on now?
8. A few years ago, a new puzzle started in the morning paper and from the first time I played it, I was hooked. Now I start each day with a couple of games and a couple of coffees. What is this addictive game of fitting numbers into a 9 x 9 grid?
9. I spend a lot of time playing with my rescue pet, little madam that she is. Of course, I'm just her sparring partner and the hand that feeds her. But at least her claws have been clipped and all I need to worry about are her sharp teeth. Can you guess what sort of animal my rather bossy but adorable pet is?
10. The coveted number one time waster, the place where I spend waaay too much of my time is the site you are on right now! To whom do we owe our thanks and gratitude for creating the FunTrivia site?
Source: Author leith90
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.