Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. My husband grew up in England until his family moved to the United States when he was 16. The town he grew up in is in the northeast part of England. It is a major seaport town that was heavily bombed during World War II. Its full name is Kingston upon ____. What is his hometown?
2. Darral's sport of choice both growing up and well into adulthood saw him first as a hooker and then a winger. He scored tries and participated in scrums. What sport is this?
3. Darral has a lot of the typical English traits, including his sense of humor and sarcasm. Those that don't have a good sense of humor often take him too seriously. So if I want to be a bit snooty (to try and fit into another English trait) I could say "I really fell in love with his _____ personality".
4. Darral's family moves from England to next door to our family in the States (yep, the boy next door). Our first date in 1986 is a blockbuster movie that has supporting characters that include Iceman, Goose and Jester. What movie is it?
5. After finishing college and getting set in jobs, we finally tie the knot in October of this year. That same year saw the first World Trade Center bombing, "Beavis and Butt-Head" debut on MTV and NAFTA passes legislation in the U.S., Mexico and Canada. What year was it?
6. Darral is so persnickety on his choice of soft drink that he will forego any if an establishment doesn't carry it. His choice of drink was founded by an Atlanta pharmacist, John Pemberton, where it was originally sold at Jacobs' Pharmacy for 5 cents a glass. What soft drink is it?
7. According to Darral's relatives still in England he sounds all-American. However, it's amazing how many English terms we have picked up. For example, we all use the term "Have a skeg." What does that mean in American?
8. Variety is not the spice of life for Darral. Besides his one soft drink, he also has one cereal, and one cereal only, for breakfast everyday. It is Frosted Flakes (Frosties in England). What company makes Frosted Flakes?
9. With Darral being the stay-at-home dad, the kids are used to seeing him clean the house. One day when I went to use the vacuum our then 2 year old son was very defensive. "That is Dad's vacuum! What are you going to do with it?" The vacuum comes in many different styles. Which of the following is NOT a vacuum style?
10. Darral likes all of the following movie series. All of them originated from popular book series except for one. Which movie series was originally made for the big screen only?
Source: Author iznibs
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.