Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which well known actress was born with the surname Zacharenko and drowned in 1981? She was nominated for three Academy Awards and married Robert Wagner. Who was she?
2. A former Member of Parliament in the UK which media tycoon was born Jan Hoch in Czechoslovakia and drowned in 1991?
3. Which guitarist, who played in one of the most famous bands of all time, drowned in 1969? His real first name was Lewis.
4. This Greek mythological figure was the father of Theseus. When he believed Theseus to be dead he jumped into a sea and drowned. The sea in which he drowned is now named after him. Who was he?
5. Which Greek mythological figure is famed for flying not drowning? When he flew too high the wax attaching his wings melted and he fell into the sea and drowned. Who was he?
6. Which horror character became the star of a franchise of films throughout the 1980s? At the start of the first chapter he'd already drowned although he'd go on to being the focal point of the remaining films. Name him.
7. Which American businessman, inventor and author was one of the world's richest men? He was also a lieutenant colonel during the Spanish-American War before drowning when the ship he was on board sank in 1912. Who was he?
8. Which American singer-songwriter and guitarist only released one album, "Grace", before his death? Also known as Scotty Moorhead he drowned in the Wolf River in 1997 reportedly fully clothed and singing "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin. Who was he?
9. This Shakespeare character was a noblewoman of Denmark and the sweetheart of Hamlet. Her death was announced by Queen Gertrude and she drowned in a brook after falling from a willow tree. Who was she?
10. Which couple died in the opening scenes of Tim Burton's comedy-horror "Beetlejuice" only to return as the undead, stuck in their attic while a new family moved into their house. The film starred Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder, Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis. What were the names of the undead married characters?
Source: Author arnoldfurious
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.