Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I began the game with 100 chips. I placed my first chip in the pot, and got my cards. I had nothing. I folded.
Which of these is not a word or phrase meaning "nothing"?
2. I placed another chip in the pot and got my cards. To my amazement, I saw two aces in my hand, so before the other cards were placed on the table I leaped out of my seat and shoved all my chips into the pot. "ALL IN!" I yelled. I was shaking and excited. Everyone else folded. I only won 3 extra chips.
Who played Ace in "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective"?
3. The next hand I received an 8 of clubs and a 4 of diamonds. Not much I could do but either fold or bluff. Well, me and my horrible poker face decided to bluff, so I placed 17 chips into the pot and began sweating and twitching. Another played called, the other raised, and I folded. I don't bluff well.
What is another definition of "bluff"?
4. I placed a chip into the pot to start the next hand, and I was given my two cards. After a few more cards were dealt, I realize I had two kings. I placed 34 more chips in the pot, bringing me down to a nice even 50. But my pair of kings was beaten by three jacks. Doh!
Speaking of "Pair of Kings", that is a show starring Doc Shaw. What other comedy show does he have a role in?
5. As I was given my next two cards, I saw that I had two 4s. I put 10 chips into the pot. The next three cards shown were all 8s. Yes, I had a full house! I couldn't believe it! I started getting antsy in my seat, and everyone immediately folded. I was rewarded with 10 extra chips, though.
Who played Danny Tanner on "Full House"? Hint: He also hosted both "1 Vs. 100" and "America's Funniest Home Videos" as well.
6. I couldn't believe my luck! I'd gotten a lot of good hands this game. I stared at my straight in disbelief. I had a straight! I shoved half of my 60 chips forward, hoping someone would take the bait. But of course, everyone folded because of my horrible poker face, and I was left with 63 chips.
Speaking of straights, what strait separates Tierra Del Fuego from mainland South America?
7. As I looked at my cards, I couldn't help but think that something could be done with them. I looked and looked, but determined there was nothing I could do with a seven-high. After betting my required one chip, I folded.
What is so unique about a seven-high hand in poker?
8. I looked at my cards, and I had a pair of 4s. That isn't very high, but judging by the look on the other player's face, I could tell I could win with that hand. I put 12 chips in, which brought me back down to 50. The other player pushed 100 chips into the pot, and I didn't want to lose all my chips, so I folded.
Turns out he was bluffing. He tricked me! Speaking of tricks, which of these is not a trick-taking type card game?
9. I took a glance at my cards, and noticed that I had two high pairs. I started to smile, and when it came my turn, I placed 49 chips in the pot. The other players started to fold, but the last player matched my bet. I grinned, knowing that I had the high hand. I slammed my cards down and started to take the pot. But then the other player put down his cards to reveal what looked to be nothing special. But at a second glance, I noticed he had a flush. I always forget about the flushes! He took the pot instead.
Flushing, Queens, New York is where Fran Fine is from on what television show?
10. With just one chip left, I figured this would be my final hand. I was dealt my cards, and I looked at them intently. When it came my turn to bet, I placed my single chip in the pot. The other players kept betting higher and higher until the pot was up to 500 chips; everyone was all in. They began showing their cards to one another, and one person began to take the pile. I said "Not so fast. I'm not out of this hand yet." I put my cards down. "Royal flush, clubs."
Which of these words could be used for both royalty and the toilet (slang, American)?
Source: Author salami_swami
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.