Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. There have been many predictions for the end of the world in recorded history, but were there any documented predictions in the BC era?
2. Science has had some attempts at predicting the end of the world (and/or universe). Which of these is NOT a theory put forward by scientists?
3. In 1987, REM released a song called "It's the End of the World As We Know It". According to the lyrics, how does the band feel about that?
4. Many books tackle the theme of the world ending. Which 19th century author, through novels such as "War of the Worlds", produced multiple novels along those lines?
5. "Mad Max" is a film dealing with a man's experience in a post-apocalyptic world. On which continent does the story take place?
6. In the "Simpsons" episode "Thank God It's Doomsday", which member of the family predicts the rapture?
7. According to the Second Epistle of Peter (2 Peter) in the Bible's New Testament, how will the 'day of the Lord' arrive?
8. Which of the following films does NOT have an end-of-the-world theme?
9. Which video game is set in a futuristic world following nuclear war?
10. Like many others, Nostradamus predicted that the world would only come to an end in 2012.
Source: Author timence
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.