Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which book of the Christian Bible focuses heavily on visions of the end of the Earth?
2. Which American band sang about "feel[ing] fine" during "the end of the world as we know it" in 1987?
3. In which novel, written by Douglas Adams, is the Earth destroyed to make way for an interstellar bypass?
4. "Apocalypse" was a 2016 addition to which notable superhero film franchise?
5. Many have speculated that the eventual end of the world could be caused by the climate change phenomenon. In 2006, which notable individual's campaign to educate people on the dangers of global warming was documented in the film "An Inconvenient Truth"?
6. In the fourth generation of the "Pokémon" video games, players encounter Cyrus, the leader of Team Galactic, who wants to wipe out the world to create a new, "perfect" world in its place. What were the names of the main titles of this generation?
7. Debuting in 2010, which horror television series centres on a post-apocalyptic world overrun by zombies?
8. In which Shakespearian historical play would one find the famous St Crispin's Day Speech, which includes the following lines:
"This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world..."?
9. In 1983, Brandon Carter first formalised a means of predicting the number of future human individuals on the planet. What is the name commonly given to this idea?
10. In 1964, Lyndon B. Johnson's Presidential campaign team ran a controversial television advertisement that implied a vote for his opponent was a vote for the world ending in a nuclear disaster. Who was said opponent?
Source: Author Daaanieeel
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.