Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In January Lithuania was the nineteenth country to adopt the Euro as its currency. What currency did the Euro replace?
2. In March Germanwings flight 9525 crashed on its way to Düsseldorf. It was later determined that the co-pilot deliberately crashed the plane. Where did the crash occur?
3. In April the World Health Organization declared that the Americas were the first region to be free of a certain disease. This infectious disease is characterized by a itchy rash, mostly starting in the face. Which disease with a link to Germany is meant?
4. In May a European country legalized same-sex marriages after a referendum was held. Which country was the first to legalize these marriages by having people vote on an amendment to the constitution eventually passed into law by the Oireachtas?
5. The International Federation of Association Football FIFA had been plagued by scandals for a long time, mostly including claims of corruption. In June its president announced that he would step down. What is the name of this 8th president of the FIFA originating from Switzerland?
6. In July the USA reestablished full diplomatic relations with another country after 54 years. Which island country with its US naval base Guantanamo Bay was able to sign a normalization agreement?
7. In September a huge scandal erupted as an automaker was found to be guilty of rigging diesel emissions tests. Which automaker was involved in this scandal?
8. In October a US airstrike attacked a hospital in Kunduz. The hospital was run by Médecins Sans Frontières, leading to a huge scandal. In which country was this hospital?
9. In November the Turkish airforce took down a plane near the border with Syria, as it violated the Turkish airspace. What nationality was the plane later determined to be, resulting in an international scandal?
10. On New Year's Eve there were numerous reports in a German city about sexual assault by immigrants (although incidents took place in several cities). In which German city in North Rhine-Westphalia on the Rhine river, did these incidents primarily take place?
Source: Author James25
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.