Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Lavender Brown appeared in the Harry Potter series, both book and film. With which of these characters was she romantically involved?
2. The 1930 play called 'Green Grow the Lilacs', featuring a character named Curly McClain, was the basis of which Rodgers and Hammerstein musical?
3. Ian Lavender is an English actor, probably best remembered for playing which role in the television series 'Dad's Army'?
4. Although not traditionally used in French cookery, lavender is often included in a mixture of dried herbs sold since the 1970s as being from which region of France?
5. Which of these is the scientific name for the common lilac?
6. Although the song 'Lilac Wine' has been recorded several times, only one singer took it into the charts during the twentieth century and that was only in the UK. It appeared on the album 'Pearls' recorded by which singer?
7. The 1928 silent film called 'Lilac Time' featured which actor, one who went on to star as Will Kane in a well known 1952 Western movie?
8. 'Under the Lilacs', published in 1878, was a children's book by which author, better known for writing about "small females"?
9. The 2004 film 'Ladies in Lavender' starred two British Dames. Judi Dench was
one of them; who was the other?
10. The quiz title is taken from the song written by Ivor Novello - 'We'll Gather Lilacs'. Although his name sounds Italian, he was actually born in which British capital city?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.