Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Known as Lugdunum by the Romans, this large city is the birth place of France's most famous puppet and is renowned for its gastronomy:
2. Home of Michelin's headquarters, this city is located at the foot of the "Puy-de-Dome" mountain:
3. Birth place of former president Charles De Gaulle, this northern city's metropolis is ranked #4 in France for its population:
4. Host of some of the 1998 World Cup games, which soccer-fanatic city is the capital of the Loire department?
5. Located in a region known worldwide for its excellent wine, this city is the capital of the Gironde department:
6. Known as Lutecia by the Romans, this "City of Light" has more than 30 bridges:
7. During World War II, the Nazis built the sinister extermination camp of Natzweiler near this city. Today, the city is the seat of the European Parliament:
8. Capital of the "Bouches-du-Rhone" department, you can enjoy "bouillabaisse" in this coastal city:
9. Nicknamed the "Pink City", this city hosts the most developed Aeronautics industries in Europe:
10. The capital city of Brittany, it is located near Merlin's mythical Broceliande Forest:
Source: Author Gondulf
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.