Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following is the now landlocked city from which a crusade was launched during the middle ages?
2. Which city in Provence known for production of perfume and for being the birthplace of a French admiral who fought with the Americans at Yorktown?
3. Which city in the Alpilles is known for having Vincent van Gogh as a resident in a local hospital, and for being the birthplace of Nostradamus?
4. Nostradamus lived in and is buried in which town? Be careful!
5. The best preserved Roman theater and triumphal arch is found in which northern Provencal city?
6. In which city is Daudet's famous windmill located?
7. Which of the following is the site of Van Gogh's famous nighttime cafe painting, and where he lived for 15 months and painted over 300 canvases?
8. Which city claims King Balthasar, one of the three wise men, as an ancestor?
9. Monaco is the world's smallest sovereign state.
10. Which city on the banks of the river Durance, and known as the "gateway to Provence" was captured by Napoleon on his return from Elba?
Source: Author jstagamtome
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.