Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I am in an African country that is famous for its pyramids. I am currently visiting Lake Nasser. Where am I?
2. I am wearing a Panama hat made in this South American country, as I cruise in the Galapagos Islands. Where am I?
Hint--be very sure that your answer is in South America!
3. I am in a large, English-speaking country in the Southern Hemisphere that has no land borders. I am visiting a famous opera house, and I am about to fly to Uluru (Ayers Rock). Where am I?
4. I am slurping spaghetti while viewing the Colosseum in this country that borders Slovenia and Austria. Where am I?
5. This tiny country is completely surrounded by the city of Rome. I am in St. Peter's Basilica, and I am about to visit the residence of the Pope. Where am I?
6. This is one of the two countries that border more other countries than any other nation in the world--14! I am in the city of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, a far-eastern Arctic outpost of this giant nation. Where am I?
7. I am in one of the poorest countries in North America, near the border of the Dominican Republic. This island country is home to the city of Port-au-Prince, and is located primarily on the island of Hispaniola. Where am I?
8. I have flown north-by-northwest for thousands of miles to the city of Nuuk (also known as Gothab) in Greenland. However, Greenland is not an independent country. I am now in the territory of what country?
9. As I near the end of my journey, I decide to travel back to Africa. I fly to a landlocked country in West Africa with two words in its name. The capital of this former French territory is Ouagadougou. This country borders Mali, Niger, Ghana, Togo, and Benin (among other countries.) Where am I?
10. To wrap up my journey, I decide to travel to one of the countries in which humanity first evolved. I am in the city of Kigali, capital of a small nation that became infamous in 1994 as the epicenter of brutal ethnic violence between the Hutu and Tutsi groups. Where am I?
Source: Author geobeechamp
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.