Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The East China Sea and the South China Sea run along the east and south-east coasts of China. The two seas are not contiguous, but which body of water connects them?
2. The Dead Sea (landlocked and technically a lake) is below sea level and has the highest level of salt of any other lake in the world. The Jordan River is the only river that flows into the Dead Sea. What countries border on the Dead Sea?
3. The Coral Sea as its name suggests has the Great Barrier Reef located within it. The Coral Sea merges with the Tasman Sea to the south, and the Pacific Ocean to the east. What countries border it?
4. This sea has been known as the clearest sea in the world. It is the Weddell Sea. What does it border?
5. If I was to travel from Venice in the north-east of Italy, south around the "Boot" of Italy and north to the Italian Riviera, what seas would I pass through?
6. The North Sea is in western Europe and has some of the busiest sea-lanes in the world. It is also known for its fishing, oil and gas reserves. It borders several countries, but which country does NOT have any seafront onto it?
7. Which country borders the McKinley Sea and the Lincoln Sea?
8. There are four seas in the world named after colours. Which one borders the least number of countries?
9. The 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami is known, among other names, as the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake. With this knowledge, which of these tsunami-affected countries would not border the Andaman Sea?
10. The Caribbean Sea is north of the South American continent, and the Gulf of Mexico borders southern USA and eastern Mexico. Which country besides Mexico borders both bodies of water?
Source: Author ozzz2002
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.