Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This 'L' city comes to us as the capital of the empire upon which the sun once never set. Today you can tour the castles, abbeys, Ferris wheels and bridges (which I hope won't come falling down, my fair lady) upon a double-decker bus. Which 'L' city is this?
2. If you travel to Lomé, you find a large city on the Gulf of Guinea. While this capital city is the largest city in the country, it also borders an entirely different country. In which country can we find the 'L' city of Lomé?
3. Lyon is a large city in south central France. Which world-conquering empire originally founded this 'L' city?
4. Los Angeles is the second most populous metropolis in the United States. Which of the following nicknames does it NOT have?
5. Lanzhou is the capital of the Gansu Province in China. Once a stopping point on the Northern Silk Road and a planned stop on the overland New Eurasian Land Bridge railway, on the banks of which major river is this 'L' city built?
6. La Paz was the highest capital in the world before the 2009 constitution of Bolivia officially moved it to Sucre. Despite this, the government still meets in La Paz making this 'L' city the de facto executive capital and the most elevated capital in the world.
7. Lodz has been a vibrant city since the 18th century, however, it has had some dark spots in its history. What group of people made up a third of the population and were lost during World war II in this 'L' city?
8. Luanda is the capital of Angola and the largest and most important city in the country. Founded in 1576 by colonial explorers and heavily influenced by this, what is this 'L' city's most spoken language?
9. Lima is the capital of Peru and its largest and most important city that honours its spiritual roots. What was this 'L' city named for?
10. Lahore is the second-largest city in Pakistan and the 18th-largest in the world. What is the predominant religion in this 'L' city?
Source: Author LeoDaVinci
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.