Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following terms describes the result of attempting to project the round earth on a flat map?
2. What word is a synonym for all lines of latitude?
3. Which of these map projections indicates a cylindrical view of the earth's surface?
4. Which of these maps is a compromise projection that shows the least amount of distortion?
5. What are the systems of interlocking lines of latitude and longitude on a map called?
6. What line of latitude lies at 0 degrees?
7. What is the directional indicator on a map called?
8. Degrees on a map are divided into 60 equal parts. What are these parts called?
9. Which term describes the parts of earth that are divided by the equator or prime meridian?
10. What type of physical map may indicate elevation?
Source: Author charlemagne
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.