Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What Minnesota city comes from the Dakota word for water and the Greek word for city?
2. What South American country's name is derived from Little Venice?
3. What country's name came from the Anglo-Saxons who settled there?
4. What is the modern name for the Turkish city once named after a Christian Roman Emperor, Constantine?
5. What city in Louisiana means Red Stick in French?
6. What U.S. state was named for Queen Elizabeth I?
7. What is the name of the island chain at the southern tip of South America whose name literally translates from Spanish to Land of the Fire?
8. This river, forming much of the U.S.; Mexico border, has a Spanish name that translates: Big River. Name it.
9. If you were born in St. Petersburg in 1903, were educated in Petrograd, worked in Leningrad, and grew old and died in 1992 in the same city that you were educated in, where did you die?
10. This commonwealth country was known to the Romans as Caledonia. Name it.
Source: Author metzoham
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.