Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. One of the many attractions on the Gold Coast is its world-famous wildlife sanctuary. What is its name?
2. Q1, the largest residential tower in the southern hemisphere, is located in what Gold Coast suburb?
3. The Cavill St. Mall, located in the heart of Surfers Paradise, contains a number of the suburb's tourist attractions. Among these is the "Ripley's Believe It or Not!" museum that bills itself as what kind of venue?
4. Every year, school-leavers flock to the Gold Coast from around the country for a week of partying. What is this annual event called?
5. The Gold Coast is famous for being home to several renowned theme parks. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
6. The Gold Coast is home to Queensland's first legal casino, established in 1985. In 2017, it was rebranded as "The Star Gold Coast," but prior to that it was known by what name?
7. In addition to being next to the sea, the Gold Coast is notable for its many waterways. What is the main river the city is built on that feeds these waterways?
8. Sharks are known to inhabit the canals and estuaries that run through the Gold Coast and attacks on humans have occurred.
9. Meter Maids, bikini-clad women who feed parking meters to prevent people from receiving parking fines, were established on the Gold Coast in 1965 and generated considerable publicity for the area. However, this practice was later considered outdated and was abolished in the early 2000s.
10. In addition to its beaches and waterways, the Gold Coast is also home to several parks and nature reserves. One of these is the Hinterland Regional Park, which is located in what suburb?
Source: Author agentofchaos
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.