Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following flora has its name preceded by name 'Rottnest Island'?
2. There is no 'private' ownership of land on Rottnest Island.
3. The aboriginal name for Rottnest Island is 'Wadjemup'. What is the meaning of the name 'Wadjemup'?
4. Which Australian marsupial is responsible for the name of 'Rottnest Island'?
5. Rottnest Island does not have its own water supply. Accordingly a desalination plant was installed. How is this predominantly powered?
6. Two of Rottnest Island's attractions are sets of cannons installed at Oliver Hill and Bickley Point. What were these guns built to protect?
7. What association do the names 'Lady Elizabeth', 'Mira Flores', and 'Denton Holme' have with Rottnest Island?
8. Fishing and diving are very popular at Rottnest Island. What form of fishing season opens November 15 and runs through until June 30 each year?
9. The annual 'Rottnest Channel Swim' is an open water, 20 kilometre swimming event that commences from which point?
10. Which of the following buildings, that played significant roles in the history of Rottnest Island, is now used as a form of tourist accommodation?
Source: Author Pollucci19
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.