Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Residents of Paqueta Island in Rio de Janeiro do what to a particular local baobab tree in the hope that it will bring them luck?
2. Which popular United States First Lady, upon seeing the Iguazu Falls, reportedly exclaimed "Poor Niagara"?
3. The Mooiberge Strawberry Fields are in the town of Stellenbosch in the Western Cape Province of which country?
4. The name of one of the most photographed landscapes in the world, the Deadvlei in the Namibian desert, translates to "dead marsh"?
5. Samphanthawong in Bangkok, Thailand is regarded as Bangkok's (what)?
6. Two banyan trees have become popular tourist shrines in the village of Lam Tsuen in Hong Kong. For which "hopeful" purpose do visitors come to these trees?
7. Harry's Cafe de Wheels is an iconic tourist attraction in Woolloomooloo (Sydney), Australia. What is it? (Hint: 4+20)
8. The creature Arachnocampa luminosa is one of the great reasons to visit New Zealand's Waitomo Caves. What type of creature is it usually described as?
9. Which of the following is a partially submerged volcano crater that lies between the islands of Maui and Kahoolawe?
10. Offering spectacular views of San Francisco Bay is which historic structure previously named the Lime Point Military Reservation? (Hint: Rub-a-dub-dub).
Source: Author pollucci19
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.