Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Riversleigh and Naracoorte provide a valuable guide to key stages in the evolution of Australia's fauna through which medium?
2. The New Zealand sub Antarctic islands have scientists excited as they offer an amazing opportunity to study the dynamics of an island's ecology due to which phenomenon?
3. The Royal Exhibition Building sits in Carlton Gardens in which city, which is also Australia's second largest?
4. The mountains that sit in the middle of Tongariro National Park are culturally and religious significant to which of the following people?
5. There is a biotope that extends along the coast for 450 kilometres from Cooktown to Townsville in which Australian state?
6. New Zealand's Te Wahipounamu World Heritage Site contains which National Park that carries a variant spelling of the Scandinavian word for a type of steep valley?
7. Two species threatened with extinction, the dugong and the large green turtle, have made a habitat in Australia's (and the world's) largest collection of coral reefs, which is better known as which of the following?
8. With an aboriginal word that means "many heads", which Australian National Park contains the great rock Uluru within its borders as well as in its name?
9. The Willandra Lakes region, which offers archaeologists data of human occupation that dates back more than 50,000 years, is in which state/territory on the eastern seaboard of Australia?
10. Although it sounds like something you'd like to avoid stepping in, what is the name of the Northern Territory National Park that provides a stunningly beautiful landscape with an equally complex ecosystem?
Source: Author pollucci19
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.