Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I'm with Serge, my European mate, on a mountain in the Bernese Alps overlooking the town of Grindelwald. In fact we're on the biggest and most iconic North Face in these Alps and we're about to leap off it. Which esteemed Swiss mountain are we on?
2. My mate Jacko is a mad keen surfer and he's been pestering me for ages to go to the big waves at a place called Ship Stern Bluff. The area is also known as Devil's Point and it sits on the south eastern coast of which Australian island state?
3. Last year Samantha, a cousin who lives in the United States (yes we call her "Uncle"... and she detests it) invited me to hike with her on a trek from Springer Mountain in Georgia to Mount Katahdin in Maine. What is the name of this famous 2200 mile trail?
4. "You have to climb the Nose" said Sam.
"The what?" I asked.
"El Capitan" she replied "it's a massive granite monolith that sits in which US national park?"
5. Sam put me onto a friend of hers named Pablo who lives in the mountain town of Mollepata in Peru. Pablo will be guiding me through a trek along the Salcantay Trail on the way to see which ancient wonder?
6. My friend Franco has invited me to Deception Island to go for a little swim. He tells me that Deception is a caldera. What is a caldera?
7. I joined Yasmine and her family as we trekked the Sahara Desert from the oasis city of Djanet in southeast Algeria to Timbuktu in which West African nation?
8. I'm standing alongside Faisal on K2, the world's second tallest mountain, and we're about to ski down it. Faisal is pointing out that this mountain, which has been an obsession of his, comes by a number of different names. Which of the following is *NOT* one of them?
9. Jacko reckons "insane does not mean impossible" as we land at Port Vila. We're about to descend into the explosive bowels of the Marum volcano in which Pacific paradise?
10. Serge loves his extremes and the Bashkaus River is certainly one of those. "Where are we heading?" I asked. "A legendary region" he said "but one of the most unforgiving and sparsely populated areas on Earth, have you guessed it yet"?
Source: Author pollucci19
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.