Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Let's get Somalia's location clear in your mind: on which ocean does Somalia lie?
2. For thousands of years Somalia was referred to as "Regio Aromatica", because it was believed to be the home of which of the traditional gifts for the baby Jesus?
3. Which 20th century Italian leader reputedly sent people whom he wished to be rid of to the capital city Mogadiscio?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the biggest players in Somalia's economy?
5. Laas Geel is a cave complex in northern Somalia that is famous for which of the following?
6. In ancient times, Somalia was known as what?
7. Which of these countries once had dependencies in what is now Somalia?
8. What is the major religion of Somalia?
9. According to the United Nations in 2010, only 1/10th of the children in Somalia receive any education.
10. The CIA World Factbook stated in December 2009 that there had been a significant decline in the amount of new AIDS cases in Somalia.
Source: Author dcpddc478
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.