Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Founded in 1886 by Emperor Menelik II, this city is located close to Mount Entoto and is home to the headquarters of the African Union.
2. Located on the banks of the River Tigris, this often war-torn city has a known history that dates back over 1,300 years.
3. Formerly known as Brunei Town and situated on the island of Borneo, this capital has a hot and wet tropical climate.
4. This city is located on the northern bank of a major African river. The capital city of a neighbouring country can be found directly opposite it on the southern bank.
5. Since this capital city is classed as its country's major port, it may be surprising to realise that its country is landlocked. The explanation is that it is a port on Lake Tanganyika.
6. Built in the late 19th century on a grid-pattern design, this city became a national capital in 1991 following the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
7. This island city's skyline is dominated by a vast number of shiny skyscrapers. Its wealth is founded on the proceeds of the oil industry.
8. Located in a country that was formerly a French colony, some of its earliest inhabitants were slaves freed by the French navy.
9. The administrative capital of its country, this city is around 1,200 metres above sea level in the Mdimba mountain range.
10. Known during the 19th century as the "Venice of the East" thanks to its location in the delta of the Chao Phraya River, the full ceremonial name of this city is one of the longest place names in the world.
Source: Author Fifiona81
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor spanishliz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.