Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Arthur Miller's 1953 play "The Crucible" is set in which city?
2. Which city was named for the Hellenized pronunciation of the Hebrew word for peace?
3. Which city is a state capital?
4. In which city is Salem State University located?
5. The long-running U.S. soap opera "Days of our Lives" is set in a fictional town called Salem. On which real Salem is it based?
6. Which city has a beautifully rebuilt AmTrak station, first built in 1918?
7. Willamette University was founded in 1842 in which city?
8. In which city were Olympic gold-medal skier Debbie Armstrong, Olympic champion diver Thelma R. Payne (1896-1988), and Zollie Volchok, who won the NBA's Executive of the Year Award in 1983 for his work as the general manager of the Seattle SuperSonics basketball team, born?
9. According to a U.S. House Resolution signed by President Barack Obama on 10 January 2013, which city is the birthplace of the United States National Guard?
10. The Walt Disney movie "Hocus Pocus" (1993) was filmed at night in Burbank, California, and during the day in which Salem?
Source: Author FatherSteve
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.