Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. During the 1930s who wrote a syndicated newspaper column titled "My Day"?
2. Which award(s) was/were given for the first time in the 1930s?
3. Construction of the Grand Coulee Dam began in 1933. It would provide irrigation to then desert-like areas for farming and electricity. On what river was the Grand Coulee Dam built?
4. A popular radio comedy of the 1930s starred two white actors who portrayed African-American men. What was the show's name?
5. Who was the only future US president born in the 1930s?
6. Which of the following acclaimed horses was the only one to win the Kentucky Derby in the 1930s?
7. Which famous movie actress's father was the Speaker of the United States House of Representative from 1936-1940?
8. In 1936 MGM Studio boss Louis B. Mayer became the first American business executive to do what?
9. One of President Roosevelt's "alphabet soup" programs, the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), brought what to the rural south?
10. During the Great Depression the photographs of one particular Farm Security Administration (FMA) photojournalist emerged as the most recognizable pictures of migrant workers in California. One photo entitled "Migrant Mother", which depicts a destitute pea picker with her children, is instantly recognizable for its depiction of the human toll this economic catastrophe exacted. Who was the photographer?
Source: Author brewster76
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.