Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. 1960: The American U2 spy plane was shot down over Russia. Who was the pilot?
2. 1961: Which poet recited "The Gift Outright" at the inauguration of John F. Kennedy?
3. 1962: Who defeated Richard Nixon in the California gubernatorial election?
4. 1963: Besides JFK, which Dallas police officer was also killed on that fateful day of November 22nd?
5. 1964: In June of 1964, three civil rights workers, Schwerner, Goodman and Cheney, were murdered in which state?
6. 1965: Which black nationalist leader was assassinated at a Harlem rally on February 21, 1965?
7. 1966: What was the name of the Supreme Court ruling that says suspects must be apprised of their constitutional rights prior to interrogation?
8. 1967: Which of the following was NOT a combatant in the 'Six Day War'?
9. 1968: Senator Robert Kennedy is shot and critically wounded in which city?
10. 1969: Armstrong and Aldrin set foot on the moon, with Michael Collins along for the ride; what was the number of the mission?
Source: Author nyirene330
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.