Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I have travelled back in time to view life in the United States after WWI. I decide to go to a bar and have a few drinks but I cannot find a bar open anywhere. I stop a gentleman on the street and he tells me that Congress just passed a law that prohibited the sale or distribution of alcohol. What year did Congress lose its mind and pass this outrageous law?
2. My next stop is New York City. It is a nice fall day on October 24th and I decide to do a little sightseeing. I decide to visit Wall Street but there is sheer pandemonium. Apparently, the "wall" has crashed, and the U.S. market is collapsing. What year was this?
3. As I am travelling, I hear of a time when the government finally came to their senses and repealed a law that made no sense in the first place. I decide to stop and celebrate with the rest of the U.S. Everyone is cheering, clapping, smiling, and most of all, having a nice alcoholic beverage. People are so excited because it has been over 13 years since they could do this legally. What year did I stop in?
4. Our next stop takes us to a little island in the Pacific Ocean. When I arrive, it appears as if a battle has been going on for months. There are dead and injured everywhere, and the beachhead has been torn to shreds by artillery rounds. As I look to the heavens to ask why someone would let this happen, I notice an American flag being raised on the top of a hill known as Mt. Suribachi. I think this will bring hope to those wounded laying around me.
5. As I sit at home looking at my baseball card collection, I think about all the great African-American players throughout history. Barry Bonds, Ricky Henderson, Hank Aaron, and Willie Mays to name a few. But there had to be a first. I wonder what year I need to travel to in order to watch the first African American man play in the Major Leagues?
6. I decided to go back and visit the nice southern city of Little Rock. There seems to be a lot going on today. I believe the date is September 25th and there seems to be a lot of commotion going on at the local high school. There are soldiers and they are escorting nine students into the school. I went to some bad schools growing up, but I never had soldiers have to escort me. What year is this?
7. Next on our stop is Key West, Florida. I want to see what all the buzz is about over this little island 90 miles away. Apparently, the U.S. is ready to go to war because the Soviet Union wants to put a few warheads on this island. This could be a pretty scary situation. I will have to check back on this event because it could define a Presidency. What year should I remember?
8. Free Love rules, man! I am travelling back in time to enjoy some fine times and lots of music. I hear that there may be illegal items being imbibed as well. I am in upstate New York and there is a sea of people enjoying the music, the crowd, and each other on this little farm in Bethel. I may need to come back here again, so I need to remember what year it is.
9. My travels today take me back to the worst nuclear disaster in U.S. history. This little island on a river in Pennsylvania had a partial meltdown on March 29th. I just can't remember the year.
10. What a great day in American history! Can you believe it? Do you believe in miracles? The U.S. Hockey team beat the Russians!
Source: Author Nightf10182003
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.