Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was the first major land battle of the Civil War?
2. How many days did the Battle of Gettysburg last?
3. In what battle did a U.S. senator die?
4. In which battle did a U.S. general hide out in a pig sty?
5. Which CSA general did General Grant fear the most?
6. Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest enlisted as a private.
7. Who was the only U.S. president to serve the Confederacy?
8. Franklin Buchanan, first Superintendent of the US Naval Academy, became commander which ship?
9. What was Jefferson Davis' middle name?
10. What did the initials in General J.E.B. Stuart's name stand for?
11. Grant's wife, Julia Dent, had a cousin who was a CSA general. Which of the following was he?
12. Which American Indian tribe was the first to side with the Confederacy?
13. Which general was the first to die?
14. Who commanded Andersonville?
15. What was important about the battle at Island Mount, Missouri on October 19, 1862?
Source: Author yaintu69
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.