Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Grant said of this state after many of its soldiers formed a line of resistance at Shiloh, called the Hornet's Nest: "It is a young state but it is a home of heros. Those boys saved my Army." Which state was Grant speaking of?
2. What Union General officer didn't wear boots because they hurt his feet, so he wore shoes instead?
3. What is the name of the cartographer who found the road that Stonewall Jackson used to flank Hooker's Union Army at Chancellorsville?
4. What was the first state capital to be lost to the Union by the Confederacy?
5. On which battlefield would you find "Hell's Half-Acre?"
6. During the Civil War how many casualties were a result of the fire from Quaker Guns?
7. The Confederates under Ruggles massed sixty-two cannons and fired into a Union stronghold during this battle in 1862. Which battle was it?
8. Who was P.G.T. Beauregard's artillery instructor at West Point?
9. Where was the last stop for the ill-fated steamboat Sultana before it exploded?
10. Where was the largest massed charge of the Civil War?
11. Who was the author of 'Rifle and Light Infantry Tactics', used by both sides in the Civil War.
12. At the time that the CSS Hunley sank the USS Housatonic and then sank itself who was the commander?
13. What was the name of the Seneca Indian that was at Appomattox and recorded the terms of surrender for Grant?
14. "General Hood, I will take the works or fall in the attempt". Which general uttered these words before the charge at Franklin took his life?
15. Which general turned Arlington House, which had been Lee's home before the war, into a cemetery?
Source: Author ricbatcheller
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.