Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which European country was, from 1534 till about 1760, the main Canadian "mother country"?
2. In the sixteenth century, what Canadian resource was very precious for European merchants?
3. In 1763, with the Royal Proclamation, which country officially became Canada's new "mother country"?
4. What was the name of the only Canadian province from 1673 to 1791?
5. Why was Canada split in two in 1791?
6. What were the names of the two regions created by the division in 1791?
7. How were the two Canadians provinces named in 1840?
8. In 1867, which two provinces (other than Quebec and Ontario) were in the Canadian confederation?
9. When did Canada become totally independent of Britain?
10. What were the four Canadian parties that won more than one seat in the 2004 federal vote?
Source: Author MissingNo
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.