Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. It is April 1945 in Berlin. You are sitting in 'The Bunker'. What is this place?
2. Belgium: June 1815. It was very noisy and there was a lot of smoke. You are an individual in uniform who has seen better days. Earlier you were at a hostelry named La Belle Alliance. Hours later, at Le Caillou, you paused to get some papers and a little spare cash. Then, at Genappe, you had to fight your way through just to make your escape. You haven't done well today and one of your commanders is going to take most of the blame.
Who are you?
3. England in the 1000s AD, shortly after the death of Edward the Confessor. You've just had one hell of a 'ding-dong' at Stamford Bridge and now you've got to march hotfoot all the way down south again and be smart about it. You need archers, but not one that might take your eye out! You are?
4. Last year, in 1625, the first Parliament of your reign refused to provide you with the financial support that you wanted. You have just tried again (it is now 1626) and still those wretched commoners defy you. You turn to your friend, the hated Duke of Buckingham for advice. Who are you?
5. You are a WWII fighter ace named Douglas Bader and you have shot down 23 enemy aircraft. Is it true that you were 'legless' on every mission?
6. It is 1775/76 and you are at a place called Dorchester Heights after a nice little trip from Ticonderoga. The people you are with are 'Continentals'. They are?
7. It is 54BC. I invaded once before but didn't stop for tea and hated the weather. But now I'm on my way back. I've assembled a fleet of 600 troop and store carrying ships along with 28 warships. My fleet is assembled at Portus Itius and ready to go. What country am I invading?
8. The tune 'Fly Me to the Moon' was written by Werner von Braun.
9. I was born in Athens in 426B.C. I died in Corinth in 356 B.C.
I was involved in one of the most famous marches in history. As a military man I fought for the Persian King Cyrus and later the Spartan King Agesilaus. Because of my connection with the Spartans I was condemned to banishment on pain of death. After I retired from military life I wrote works on philosophy, history and a memoir of Socrates amongst other things. I also wrote about my part in that long march but not under my real name.
Who am I?
10. 'That Old Siege'.
Oh dear! I really got this wrong. What on earth made me kill his best friend? I should have known better. Andromache's furious and says I should have stayed home today and now I really really wish that I had. I'm pretty useful in a rumble, got quite a big reputation in that department; I've been working on it for 9 years now, but there are some people that you just don't mess with and this guy's one of them. Whoops, here he comes all shouts and threats and burnished armour. I 'spose I could do a runner but what's the point? I'll have to face him sooner or later. I wonder if they'll write about me when I'm dead. Who am I?
Source: Author trojan11
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.