Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Naples received its named from the word "Neapolis", meaning "new city". What happened to the old city?
2. Which saint, who was executed at the Solfatara crater in 305 AD, is the patron of Naples?
3. During the 536 AD Siege of Naples during the Gothic Wars, how did the Byzantines enter Naples?
4. In the 840s, which Muslim ruler raided and plundered Naples for its wealth?
5. Built in 1282, which iconic site in Naples was initially the residence of Charles I of Anjou when he took control of the city?
6. Although he is largely considered a successful Viceroy of Naples, Pedro de Toledo is perhaps known for which huge failure?
7. True or False: Naples was invaded during the French Revolution.
8. Who was the last king to rule from Naples before he was deposed in 1861?
9. By what name is the Neapolitan uprising against German invaders during World War II known?
10. What is the name of the Mafia-esque secret society in Naples that is heavily involved in the drug trade and was responsible for several killings in 2004?
Source: Author Joepetz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.