Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which tribe of people was defeated by the invading Roman legions in the area that is now Cardiff during the reign of Vespasian in AD 75?
2. Which building, completed in the 11th century, is considered the heart of Cardiff, not only because it was located near the center of the city (when it was built) but also because it was considered the main point of defense for the city?
3. Who is the Welsh nobleman who, in 1315, led a failed attempt to overthrow King Edward II of England and was executed for it in 1318?
4. Which family rose to prominence in Cardiff when Wales and England joined and the shire of Glamorgan was formed in 1536?
5. Which 1648 battle of the English Civil War took place in Cardiff and is considered the last major battle to ever be fought on Welsh soil?
6. John Crichton-Stuart, who is sometimes called "the creator of modern Cardiff," helped the city flourish economically by building which essential pieces of infrastructure in the late 18th century?
7. Which Welsh town became Cardiff's rival in the 1880s when its coal industry became more profitable than Cardiff's?
8. Cardiff began to grow in importance outside of the coal industry in 1905 when it was granted city status. Which of the following of the following buildings was NOT constructed in Cardiff during the years around this time?
9. Cardiff was on the receiving end of one of the heaviest Luftwaffe aerial attack during World War II on January 2, 1941.
10. What is the Senedd that debuted in Cardiff in 2006 after being delayed for years?
Source: Author Joepetz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.