Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. During the Shuttles' 20 year history, it has completed many successful satellite deployments. This satellite Probe, Magellan, was launched from Columbia in 1989. What planet was it sent to explore?
2. The famous astronomer Galileo had a probe named after him, that was sent from the cargo bay of Atlantis to this planet in 1989.
3. In April 1990, Discovery deployed this telescope.
4. After the shuttle is assembled in the Orbiter Processing Facility, where does it go next?
5. Once the shuttle is ready for launch, the mobile launch pad is secured onto one of two crawler-transporters. This massive machine will move the shuttle to the launch pad. How long does the move from the Vehicle Assembly Building to the launch pad take?
6. How many missions was each Space Shuttle Orbiter designed to fly before it had to be grounded?
7. What Apollo 16 Astronaut went on to fly the space shuttle?
8. What company owned the primary contract to build the space shuttle?
9. How many MAIN engines does the shuttle have?
10. What does NASA stand for?
Source: Author racemany2k
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.