Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Japan's Fukushima nuclear power plant suffered meltdowns after an earthquake and tsunami hit the area. In which year did the disaster occur?
2. The First World War might have been avoided if one man had not died. On which day was Archduke Franz Ferdinand assassinated?
3. Three people died in a car crash in Paris on 31st August 1997 while being pursued by paparazzi. Who was involved in the accident?
4. The Gulf of Mexico filled with oil when the Deepwater Horizon oil rig exploded. In which year did this disaster occur?
5. On 14th June 2017, a residential tower block caught fire and 72 people died when the exterior cladding on the building ignited, which helping the fire spread incredibly quickly. Where was Grenfell Tower?
6. Astronauts have a risky job to do as space travel is inherently dangerous. In which year was the Challenger space shuttle destroyed less than two minutes after takeoff?
7. Haiti was hit by a 7.0 magnitude earthquake that devastated the country. On what date did it occur?
8. Over 240 people died after attending an event at Kiss nightclub in Brazil on 27th January 2013. What happened?
9. New Orleans was famously hit by Hurricane Katrina at the beginning of the 21st century. The city continued to suffer as flood defenses failed to work properly following the hurricane. When did this disaster happen?
10. On 14th November 1940, the English city of Coventry was bombed by the German Luftwaffe. Rumours suggest that Winston Churchill knew about the attack before it happened, but chose to do nothing about it. Why - according to the stories - did he ignore the warning?
Source: Author AcrylicInk
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.