Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When Hagia Sophia was completed in 537 CE, with which religion was it associated?
2. Near which body of water was Hagia Sophia located?
3. Which of these features was added to Hagia Sophia when the city came under Ottoman rule?
4. Hagia Sophia was built on the site of other religious buildings that had been destroyed. The remains of those structures have never been found. True or false?
5. Which of these materials was used in the construction of Hagia Sophia?
6. Hagia Sophia reportedly contained features from a famous Greek temple. Which one?
7. Did any of Hagia Sophia's walls contain mosaics?
8. Which of these official events took place at Hagia Sophia?
9. A madrasah was constructed during the 15th century. What is a madrasah?
10. Hagia Sophia didn't remain a religious building. In what year did Hagia Sophia become a museum?
Source: Author AcrylicInk
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.