Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. At night, you would experience sleep-learning and you would take soma to remain happy and peaceful. Who wrote 'Brave New World', a novel set in the year AF 632?
2. In the Republic of Gilead, a woman's only role in society was to breed. If you were one of the few fertile women left, you might have been taken to serve a Commander and his wife. In which novel (later made into a TV show) did this happen?
3. 'Nineteen Eighty-Four' was set in a totalitarian state known as Oceania. It contained the Ministry of Truth and Thought Police. What was the name of the leader of Oceania?
4. A computer met the needs of humans living underground across the world. Eventually, those people began to think of the computer as a deity and when it started to malfunction, it was considered to be the whim of their god. What was the name of this 1909 short story by E.M. Forster?
5. Humans had largely been wiped out by a man-made disease and the world was becoming overrun by genetically engineered hybrid animals. Both were created by a bio-engineering maverick with a God complex. Which novel was the first in a trilogy by Margaret Atwood?
6. A small farming community were making a life for themselves after an apocalyptic event. If your body was mutated, you had to try your best to hide it. 'The Chrysalids' was published in 1955. Who wrote it?
7. If you love books, prepare to watch them go up in flames. Which numbers complete Ray Bradbury's novel 'Fahrenheit ___'?
8. James Dashner wrote a novel about a group of teenagers who were living in a place called the Glade, which was surrounded by concrete walls that shifted and changed. What was the name of this novel, that was made into a film in 2014?
9. There were the placid Eloi who were terrified of the dark and the brutal Morlocks who despised the light. In what year did the narrator find these creatures in 'The Time Machine?' by H.G. Wells?
10. Suzanne Collins wrote a trilogy about the fictional country of Panem. Every year, one boy and one girl from each district were selected to participate in a fight to the death. What was the first novel called?
Source: Author AcrylicInk
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.