Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The design and use of canopic jars remained the same throughout Egyptian history.
2. How many canopic jars were used?
3. What was placed in canopic jars prior to burial along with the dried internal organs?
4. From what material was canopic jars usually made?
5. The gods depicted on the lids of canopic jars were all sons of which important Egyptian god, the god of war and hunting?
6. What salt-like natural substance was used to aid in the drying of the viscera, as well as the body during the mummification process?
7. Which of the following heads would NOT be found on a canopic jar during the New Kingdom?
8. Which of the following organs was NOT placed in a canopic jar?
9. Where were the canopic jars typically placed within the tomb?
10. A person would not be able to go to the afterlife unless his internal organs were preserved.
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.