Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Her accomplishment was to be the first woman to fly solo over the Atlantic Ocean. Who was she?
2. Her accomplishment was to be the sole woman in the 20th century to earn two Nobel Prizes in different fields. Who was she?
3. Margaret Thatcher was the first woman Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, being elected for the first time in 1979. Of which political party was she the leader?
4. Hatshepsut was the first woman to reign as Pharaoh of Egypt and she belonged to the Eighteenth Dynasty. What does her name mean?
5. Speaking of women Prime Ministers, let's turn to India. This female Prime Minister's name was Indira Gandhi. But was she the daughter of Mahatma Gandhi, whose passive resistance paved the way for India's independence from Britain?
6. Okay, one more question on women Prime Ministers. Golda Meir was the first woman to lead which nation?
7. It is said that we should never hit a woman with anything, even flowers. However, this did not apply to Mary Surratt, the first woman to be executed in the US. What was her crime?
8. The first and only woman to compete and win at the Ancient Olympic Games was Cynisca. From which Greek city state did she hail?
9. In a quiz on women firsts, we cannot neglect the very first woman on Earth. Needless to say, she is Eve. In which biblical book can we find more about her?
10. That woman had the distinction to be the first person Jesus Christ spoke to after His resurrection. Needless to say, she is Mary Magdalene, as told in the Gospels of John and Mark. What did He first say to her (as told in the KJV)?
Source: Author DeepHistory
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.