Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You will begin your journey in a Canadian city that is neither the capital of a province nor is it the capital of Canada. Historically, it was once called Ville-Marie. With a large Jewish population, your inaugural city is renowned for smoked meat sandwiches and bagels. What city are you in?
2. After eating a delicious cream cheese and lox bagel and a side of poutine, you suddenly had a vision for an international cuisine vacation. You found a travel magazine in your closet and circle nine travel locations known for their food and drink culture. The first on your bucket list is Valencia, Spain. Which of the following foods did you not see in the photo advertisement for this city?
3. Spending two nights in Valencia had you trying some classic dishes that included gazpacho, suquet de peix, and bollit. You feel renewed and inspired. So much so that your next destination will give you a chance to try a specialized version of this cuisine type. Genoa, Italy, is known for a regional version of a dish called minestrone alla Genovese. What do all of these dishes have in common with each other?
4. Not only was the minestrone delicious, you couldn't help but be tempted by appetizer of some Bros and San Ste. cheeses accompanied with Genoa salami. Speaking of cheese, your next destination brings you to the small city of Acre, Israel. Established during the Early and Middle Bronze Ages, it is known for the production of a white brine cheese made from cow's milk (but sometimes goat or sheep milk can be used). What type of cheese would this be?
5. It crosses your mind that you might enjoy being a cheesemonger someday. Unfortunately, your trip has been slightly delayed as you wound up in the hospital. They suspect you might be lactose intolerant. The doctor recommends you take it easy for a few days. Fortunately, you are headed to Chengdu, China, a city known for a particular culture and establishments that regularly serve drinks in varieties such as jasmine, longjing and biluochun. What type of drink will you be enjoying?
6. You now feel much better and are excited for the second half of your trip. You intentionally wanted to travel south of the equator, which leads you to the largest country in Oceania: Australia. Rather than the hustle bustle of Australia's east coast, you venture to the city of Perth on the western coast instead. Your guide excitedly brings you to a location called Houghton's and was once pioneered by a man named Jack Mann. What will you be touring today?
7. After a short stay in Australia, you realize that your journey must continue. After taking in some retail shopping on Murray and Hay Streets, you catch your next flight to Dar-es-Salaam on the east coast of Africa. While there, you try out various restaurants that serve you various Tanzanian dishes including ugali, changu, and chapati. Your favorite, however, was a dish called mishkaki. Which of the following dishes had fancied your palate?
8. Your trip is slowly winding down to an end. You've decided to make the best of it though. All of your friends were bragging to you about their college tour of Brazil last March. You've decided to check out both Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo for some of the best food Brazil has to offer. Most of the local restaurants seem to offer a black bean stew that you heard was their national dish. What dish (that you liked so much you decided to buy it in both cities) did you try?
9. You are saddened to know that your plane has just crossed the equator for the second time and that your vacation is almost done. You are scared to note that your pilot needed to make an emergency landing due to mechanical failure. Tijuana, Mexico wasn't supposed to be in the cards on your trip, but you're stuck here for a few days until you can get a flight back home. With your foodie instinct in check, you stumble upon a restaurant dating back to the 1920s and named for the Italian restaurateur who founded it. You realize that a famous salad with the same name as a Roman general was invented here. What did you order today?
10. It turns out that you were only in Tijuana for 24 hours. You managed to get a flight home. In the air, there was nothing but bad weather and turbulence. You are shaking upon your arrival home. You decide that comfort food is your best option. You decide to grab a dish that is a staple in many restaurants across Canada but was popularized in the province of Quebec. It consists of French fries, cheese curds and gravy. What will you be ordering to edge out those nerves?
Source: Author apathy100
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.