Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Launched in 1937 by the Geo. A. Hormel Company of Austin, Minnesota, what was the original name given to SPAM?
2. The company decided to change the name of their product and held a competition to rename the product. The winner, Kenneth Daigneau, came up with SPAM from SPiced and hAM, and pocketed $100, but what official reason did the Hormel company give for what the acronym SPAM stood for?
3. The original ingredients of SPAM have not changed much over the years. Which of the following was not one of the original ingredients listed on a tin of SPAM?
4. SPAM, having been part of military life since the second world war, has been to many war zones, but it was taken off the menu in one particular war. Which one?
5. Which American state eats more tins of SPAM per head than any other?
6. There are many different varieties of SPAM nowadays. Which of the following is not an actual variety?
7. Which former Russian leader, talking about after his troops had returned from war, was quoted as saying "Without SPAM we wouldn't have been able to feed our army"?
8. After the second world war was over, who wrote to Hormel saying "I ate my share of SPAM along with millions of other soldiers, I'll even confess to a few unkind words about it - uttered during the strain of battle you understand. But as the former commander-in-chief of the allied forces, I believe I can still officially forgive you for your only sin: sending us so much of it."
9. By the end of the 20th century, around how many cans of SPAM had been sold throughout the world?
10. An easy one now - hopefully. Which comedy series is famous for its infamous SPAM sketch? 'SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, Eggs and SPAM' and 'Lobster thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce garnished with truffle pate, brandy, and a fried egg on top and SPAM'.
Source: Author kristian88
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bullymom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.