Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. With a sorry looking group of greenhorns like you we need to start with the basics. Forget what happens in a restaurant - we're talking about what you are going to be doing if you survive this training. So you need to pay attention.
What makes barbecuing different from regular cooking?
2. Now that you have a brief history of barbecue, let's move on to some basics. Many beginners believe that a propane barbecue produces better tasting food than a charcoal burning one. Is a propane barbecue better?
3. Slapping the food on the grill may produce something edible, but finding a recipe is a better guarantee for success. Many recipes include the use of a barbecue sauce, the composition of which varies by region and country. What is the most common base for a BBQ sauce that is sold in stores in North America?
4. While this boot camp is focusing on barbecue in North America, we do not live in isolation and our barbecuing practices are indeed influenced by the rest of the world. I expect many of you have seen these delicious looking skewers before and you maybe have even eaten them. What are they called?
5. Right, we have talked a little about what you can barbecue, but let's get down to the basics, which is what you grunts probably came for.
Eyes left! What is this interesting apparatus used for?
6. Yes Cadet Smokey? Do you have to use charcoal briquettes for a successful barbecue, you ask. Let's see if anyone else in the group can answer this one. Do you need to buy charcoal briquettes to make your charcoal burning barbecue work?
7. You don't need fancy equipment to barbecue. As well-trained cadets you may find yourselves miles from home without access to your barbecue. What two things do you need to construct a make-shift barbecue?
8. Once again I direct your attention to the barbecue on the left. The other left, Cadet Bear! This is what is referred to as a mixed grill. What is the secret to successfully cooking the different meats properly?
9. Judging from the look of some of you - what exactly is that under your fingernails Cadet Pigpen? - the next point is a very important one so listen up! How often should you clean your barbecue grill?
10. No Cadet Pyle, you may not be excused to go to the latrine. We are almost done.
Eyes left again. What, do you think, is the purpose of this contraption?
Source: Author skunkee
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.