Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. There you are, trying to select the best chestnuts from the market stall to roast this evening. Which of these would be your best choice?
2. Which of these statements about chestnuts is FALSE?
3. You've got your chestnuts, but no open fire on which to roast them. All of these except one are acceptable substitute cooking methods that will allow you to enjoy the hot nuts when they are done. Which is the odd one out, as it really only prepares the chestnuts to be pureed or preserved?
4. What step is important to complete in preparing your chestnuts for roasting?
5. I have decided to make chestnut stuffing for my Christmas turkey this year. Should I just fill the cavity with as many chestnuts as will fit?
6. Instead of cooking your chestnuts for immediate use, you might decide to dry them and grind them into flour. How long can you keep chestnut flour on the shelf without worrying about a deterioration in its quality?
7. Which of these drinks is sometimes given an unusual twist in flavor from the addition of chestnut puree during its preparation?
8. Marrons glaces is a French confectionery that is basically candied chestnuts.
9. The movie 'Amadeus' featured a dish called Capezzoli di Venere (Nipples of Venus). With what is chestnut puree mixed to produce this truffle treat?
10. What name is given to the French dessert made from pureed chestnuts topped with whipped cream, and presented so as to resemble a mountain?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.