Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1956, 'Irma la Douce' premiered, with its closing number 'Christmas Child' performed by the company. In what city was it first performed professionally?
2. 'It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas' was included in the 1963 musical 'Here's Love', Meredith Willson's adaptation of which classic Christmas story and movie?
3. In 1966, the musical 'Mame' made its Broadway debut. Which star, possibly better known to some for her performance as a sleuthing mystery writer, sang 'We Need a Little Christmas' in that production?
4. 'Turkey Lurkey Time' is performed in the first act of the 1968 musical 'Promises, Promises', produced by David Merrick. What is the setting for this frenetic disco-style song-and-dance?
5. Near the end of a musical which had its Broadway premiere on 19 June 1978, the women who work in a brothel perform the song 'Hard Candy Christmas'. Which of these shows is it?
6. Which of these is a musical, featuring the song 'Christmas Gifts', based on a 1945 Frank Capra film starring James Stewart as a suicidal man whose guardian angel helps him realise the value of his life for those around him?
7. In the 1944 movie of 'Meet Me in Saint Louis', Judy Garland sang 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' (written by Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane). Which of these citizens played Esther and sang the song in the 1989 Broadway production of 'Meet Me in Saint Louis'?
8. In what musical associated with Christmas will you hear the song 'God Bless Us Everyone'?
9. What Irving Berlin song is the title of a musical that has played in a number of regional centres since its 2004 premier in San Francisco, as well as having a couple of limited-engagement runs on Broadway?
10. 'Christmas Is My Favorite Time of Year' can be heard in what musical based on the life of con artist Frank Abagnale, Jr?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.