Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When pasta is boiled just until you feel resistance on your tooth when you test it for being done, it's commonly known as what?
2. What are you making when you mix eggs and thinly cut up vegetables (like potatoes and broccoli) and fry or bake them in a skillet?
3. You're in the grocery store or Italian market and see small fresh balls of mozzarella floating in a liquid. What's the correct name for what you're looking at?
4. You are making a popular Italian dish. You've layered wide flat noodles, ricotta, parmesan (or reggiano), sauce and sometimes ground beef into a pan and then you're going to bake it. What yummy meal are you making?
5. You are crushing fresh basil leaves, garlic, pecorino or parmesan, olive oil and pine nuts together. You plan to pour the resulting mixture over your pasta. What are you making?
6. What is "gnocchi"?
7. Antipasto is most often eaten as an appetizer.
8. What is marsala?
9. Aioli is delicious on cold or grilled veggies and fish, crabcakes and other shellfish. It's yummy on potatoes and artichokes too. But what is it?
10. Mozzarella, Parmigiano, ricotta, gorgonzola and provolone are all examples of what?
Source: Author Janeite
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Leau
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.