Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Popping corn comes in two distinct varieties. What are they?
2. Which statement about popcorn is true?
3. Speaking of the Marion, Ohio Popcorn Festival, approximately how many people attended this event in 2009?
4. Wouldn't you just know that someone would find something wrong with popcorn? Which of these illnesses is real?
5. By itself, popcorn is a good snack if you're watching your weight, but when you go to the movies, it doesn't take long for the benign grain to turn into a gut-busting monster. Here's the situation: you order a large bucket of butter popcorn that has been popped in coconut oil and a large soda. How many calories will you consume before the credits roll at the end of the movie?
6. In 1945, a man we popcorn lovers owe a great deal to, was working at the Raytheon Corporation building magnatrons for radar sets. One day, he noticed that a chocolate bar he had in his lab coat melted when he stood too close to one of the units. It seemed as if the magnatrons produced enough heat to cook food. After a few more experiments, what invention emerged from the Raytheon Corporation?
7. My apologies to everyone who loves Nebraska, but it doesn't rank very high on my list of "Gee, where would I like to retire?" states. However, there is one city that I might visit on my way to Hawaii. Which one and why?
8. Gibberella, fusarium, and crazy top are all types of what?
9. You're traveling through Indiana and find yourself near the intersection of Popcorn Church Road, Popcorn River Road, Popcorn Road, and W. That St. Where are you?
10. Popcorn production is regulated by what division of the Department of Agriculture?
Source: Author lompocjoe
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.